Awards & Accomplishments
Pedestrian Accident Attorney Los Angeles, CA
Southern California has a myriad of tourist spots, many of which cater to pedestrians. From the Dodgers and Angels baseball stadiums to the sports arenas and convention centers in Los Angeles and Anaheim; from Universal City to Disneyland, from the live theater in downtown Los Angeles to the local cinemas all over the metropolis, people are out walking everywhere. Downtown Los Angeles is also increasingly becoming more pedestrian-friendly with many new stores and restaurants opening up. We are also blessed to sit on one of the most beautiful stretches of beach to be found anywhere in the world.
Therefore, it is not uncommon that one of the most frequent calls to our office for pedestrian accident attorneys involve people being struck down by cars, motorcycles, trucks, and bicycles while walking. A pedestrian accident usually involves personal injury, and some type of negligence on the part of the vehicle and should the pedestrian suffer a serious injury, an attorney can assist in making an insurance claim.
Crosswalk and Other Pedestrian Accidents
If you are unlucky enough to be the victim of pedestrian accident or injury, we want you to know that you have come to the right place. At Injury Law Central, highly qualified lawyers from the El Dabe Law Firm are dedicated and ready to help personal injury victims suffering from pain and other injuries. It is our belief you deserve the best representation for your case. Negligent people, companies, and businesses should be held fully accountable for their actions. A pedestrian accdient personal injury attorney from Injury Law Central will do whatever it takes to obtain justice for you.
Whether operating a truck, car, SUV, motorcycle or bicycle, a driver’s error can lead to a pedestrian accident. Collisions causing pedestrian injuries can occur in a wide variety of ways, and usually via distracted driving.
- Disregarding a Crosswalk - Not paying attention to crosswalks, whether at intersections or at other points in the roadway, create a significant risk of possible pedestrian accidents. Looking both ways before you cross does not just apply to walkers crossing the street. Drivers should also exercise appropriate care to observe that pedestrians in the roadway.
- Disregarding a Traffic Control Device - There are static signs and electronic indicators, both of which warn people to be aware of pedestrian traffic. When drivers ignore traffic controls, particularly those which specifically relate to people on foot, they significantly increase the chances of an pedestrian accident.
- Disregarding a Pedestrian Already Crossing the Roadway - Yielding to a pedestrian is the law. When a pedestrian in the roadway ahead of a car is obviously crossing the road, or has entered the driver’s lane while in the process of crossing the road, drivers should exercise appropriate caution and should yield as necessary to avoid collision.
- Driving While Intoxicated - Drunk drivers pose a high risk of injury to pedestrians, and there are many notorious cases where drunk drivers have caused accidents, striking pedestrians on sidewalks…not even on the roadway. Never drink and drive!
- Passing a School Bus - Drivers are tempted to attempt to hurry by or ignore the red, flashing overhead lights on a school bus. Passing of a school bus creates a high risk of injury to children who may be disembarking from the bus.