Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Southern California has a myriad of tourist spots. From the Dodgers and Angels baseball stadiums to the sports arenas and convention centers in Los Angeles and Anaheim; from Universal City to Disneyland, from the live theater in downtown Los Angeles to the local cinemas all over the metropolis, people are out walking everywhere.
Here at Injury Law Central, we are blessed to sit on one of the most beautiful stretches of beach to be found anywhere…and the crowds love the sand and surf most of the year.
Therefore, it is not uncommon that one of the most frequent calls to our Orange County pedestrian accident attorneys involve all manner of people struck down by cars, motorcycles, trucks, and bicycles everyday and everywhere. A pedestrian accident usually involves personal injury, and therefore an attorney should be contacted.
Orange County Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
If you are unfortunate enough to have experienced a pedestrian accident first hand, we want you to know that you have come to the right place and that we can help. At Injury Law Central, highly qualified lawyers from the El Dabe Law Firm are dedicated and ready to help personal injury victims suffering from someone else’s negligence. It is our belief you deserve the best representation for your case. Negligent people, companies, and businesses should be held fully accountable for their actions. An Orange County personal injury attorney from Injury Law Central will do whatever it takes to obtain justice for you.
Whether operating a truck, car, SUV, motorcycle or bicycle, a driver’s error can lead to a pedestrian accident. Collisions causing pedestrian injuries can occur in a wide variety of ways:
- Disregarding a Crosswalk - Not paying attention to crosswalks, whether at intersections or at other points in the roadway, create a significant risk of possible pedestrian accidents. Looking both ways before you cross does not just apply to walkers crossing the street. Drivers should also exercise appropriate care to observe that pedestrians in the roadway.
- Disregarding a Traffic Control Device - There are static signs and electronic indicators, both of which warn people to be aware of pedestrian traffic. When drivers ignore traffic controls, particularly those which specifically relate to people on foot, they significantly increase the chances of an pedestrian accident.
- Disregarding a Pedestrian Already Crossing the Roadway - Yielding to a pedestrian is the law. When a pedestrian in the roadway ahead of a car is obviously crossing the road, or has entered the driver’s lane while in the process of crossing the road, drivers should exercise appropriate caution and should yield as necessary to avoid collision.
- Driving While Intoxicated - Drunk drivers pose a high risk of injury to pedestrians, and there are many notorious cases where drunk drivers have caused accidents, striking pedestrians on sidewalks…not even on the roadway. Never drink and drive!
- Passing a School Bus - Drivers are tempted to attempt to hurry by or ignore the red, flashing overhead lights on a school bus. Passing of a school bus creates a high risk of injury to children who may be disembarking from the bus.